Summary of how we use your data
- Spoon Guru is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
- We use your personal data to fulfil our obligations under a contract, (for example when you download our app), to provide you with the relevant Spoon Guru services, and to comply with our legal obligations.
- Data is sometimes shared with trusted third parties within the EEA, where we subcontract some part of our service.
- Where we rely on your consent, such as for subscription to our mail-list and marketing emails, you can withdraw this consent at any time.
What does this policy cover?
It also describes your data protection rights, including a right to object to some of the processing which we carry out. More information about your rights, and how to exercise them, is set out in the “What rights do I have?” section.
Please read this policy carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
NOTE: For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) and the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR), the data controller is Spoon Guru Limited of Little Sharlowes, Flaunden, Hertfordshire, HP3 0PP, United Kingdom.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
.Information you give us.
You may give us information about you by: registering to use our app, filling out forms on our site, or corresponding with us by email.
This may include information you provide to us for: using our app, registering to use our site, subscribing to our mail-list, applying for an invitation to be a beta tester of our app, entering a competition, promotion or survey, or providing feedback.
The information you give us may include: your name, address, e-mail address, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
Information we collect about you.
Information we receive from other sources.
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties and may receive information about you from them. In particular: we may gather aggregated information about our users from analytics providers in order to gain insights about the effectiveness of our services.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION & THE LEGAL BASIS FOR THIS USE
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To fulfil a contract, or take steps linked to a contract (including when you download our app, make a request for services or purchase from us, or enter a competition we run):
- for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- As required by us to conduct our business and pursue our legitimate interests, in particular:
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to request feedback about our service;
- to administer our site and to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you (if applicable);
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Where you give us consent:
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you are using, have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by email or any app notifications that you consent to, with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form);
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them;
- For purposes which are required by law:
- where we need parental consent to provide online services to children under 16. However, most of our websites and services are not designed for children under 16;
- in response to requests by government or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
WHO WILL WE SHARE THIS DATA WITH, WHERE AND WHEN?
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 5,000 cake searches were made by vegan profiles). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets, for due diligence purposes.
- If Spoon Guru Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
.In the event that the business is sold or integrated with another business or subject to material new investment, your details may be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchaser’s or investor’s adviser and will be passed to any new owners of the business.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The majority of personal data that we collect is processed within the UK. Some data may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination within the European Economic Area (“EEA”). Particularly: our secure servers, which contain our app users’ profile data, are based in the Republic of Ireland.
Information may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. If information were to be transferred outside of the EEA, and where this is to a stakeholder or vendor in a country that is not subject to an adequacy decision by the EU Commission, data is adequately protected by EU Commission approved standard contractual clauses, an appropriate Privacy Shield certification or a vendor’s Processor Binding Corporate Rules. A copy of the relevant mechanism can be provided for your review on request to email@example.com.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. All our staff have been been trained on how to prevent, identify and respond to a security breach that may compromise your personal data. If there is a cybersecurity breach, we have reporting procedures in place to notify the relevant parties, including the Information Commissioner’s Office and you, the data subject.
WHAT RIGHTS DO I HAVE?
Wherever we rely on your consent, you will always be able to withdraw that consent, although we may have other legal grounds for processing your data for other purposes, such as those set out above. In some cases, we are able to send you direct marketing without your consent, where we rely on our legitimate interests.
You have an absolute right to opt-out of direct marketing, or profiling we carry out for direct marketing, at any time. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the right to ask us for a copy of your personal data; to correct, delete or restrict (stop any active) processing of your personal data; and to obtain the personal data you provide to us for a contract or with your consent in a structured, machine readable format, and to ask us to share (port) this data to another controller.
In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal data in some circumstances (in particular, where we don’t have to process the data to meet a contractual or other legal requirement, or where we are using the data for direct marketing).
These rights may be limited, for example if fulfilling your request would reveal personal data about another person, or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate interests in keeping.
To exercise any of these rights, you can get in touch with us using the details set out below. If you have unresolved concerns, you have the right to complain to an EU data protection authority where you live, work or where you believe a breach may have occurred.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
HOW LONG WILL YOU RETAIN MY DATA?
Where we process registration data, we do this for as long as you are an active user of our app or sites and for 30 days after this.
Where we process personal data for marketing purposes or with your consent, we process the data until you ask us to stop and for a short period after this (to allow us to implement your requests). We also keep a record of the fact that you have asked us not to send you direct marketing or to process your data so that we can respect your request in future.
Where we process personal data for a survey or competition, we keep the data for six years from your last interaction with us.
Where we process personal data that you voluntarily provided to us, for example for feedback purposes, we will keep this data for as long as you continue to interact with us and for six months after this. After that, we may keep the information in an aggregated or anonymised format, but not in a way that you can be identified.