When shoppers make a Smart Swap, over 75% remain in baskets and proceed to checkout
We learned that swaps work and we have learned how to increase sales, though reducing purchases of unhealthy items has proven harder. On the flipside, we know labelling, education and in-aisle positioning do not work on their own.
Retailers are tasked with helping their customers eat more healthily, and customers are looking to retailers to help them achieve their health goals.
Identify and recommend healthier products that are similar per category. This helps nudge customers towards healthier eating habits over time.
How We Do It
Spoon Guru AI looks beyond the label and analyzes nutritional level data to curate healthier alternatives for each product in the same category.
- 100% accurate results for suitable products based on dietary needs and health preferences.
- Trust and convenience for your shoppers
- Increased frequency of purchase and usually more items per order
- Secure market share and increase loyalty through an improved and personalized customer experience
- Conversion is 50% more for visits with a healthier swap compared to visits with any cart additions.*
- Average Order Value is 10% higher for customers that swap for a healthier product than customers without.*
COVID-19 has given us more impetus and determination to go further and to make an even bigger impact on the health of our customers. It is our duty to society, and we have to keep customer front-of-mind. He said the end goal must be to make a positive difference at scale.
Jason Tarry, CEO, Tesco
Smart Swaps in action
Spoon Guru’s specialist algorithms are already meeting the health goals and dietary requirements of millions of Woolworths’ customers.
Ingrid Maes, Managing Director of W23
|Download the Intelligent Curation Information Sheet (PDF)|